Administration – Administrative Building in West Philadelphia
The incumbent in this position will manage and implement the marketing plan by performing duties and tasks related to development and marketing/public relations; and also support the agency services by coordinating the volunteer program, outreach, and special events.
- Develop strategies and tactics to get the word out about our Agency
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution
- Manage agency volunteer program including research and generation of ideas for possible volunteer projects and sourcing, recruitment, and placement of corporate/organizational and individual volunteers at program sites
- Manage/nurture relations with current donors and develop relations with potential new donors
- Assist in developing community partnerships and relationships with other nonprofit organizations and corporations.
- Prepare and monitor the marketing budget on a quarterly and annual basis and allocate funds wisely
- Create and write copy (and act as project manager) for agency-wide marketing materials, to include annual reports, program flyers, agency website, and electronic newsletters, Facebook page, and Twitter feed.
- Maintain the development database; ensure proper update of donor records and acknowledgment of donor gifts; generate reports from the database and use to prepare and distribute agency fundraising and marketing materials (including appeals and annual report).
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, or related field
- 1- 2 years of work experience in the nonprofit sector, specifically in marketing, social media and/or development areas
- Grant application research and writing proficiency (preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with good interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively, experience in creating internet-based and hard copy fundraising, and marketing content and publication
- The ability to remain well-versed on new trends and best practices regarding social media, websites, email communications, and fundraising
- Demonstrated proficiency in communicating with agency supporters for fundraising and marketing purposes via the use of websites, e-newsletter and social media
- Competency in, and ability to learn the use of, relevant software technology, including MS Office Suite, GiftWorks, WordPress, Constant Contact, Facebook, and Twitter
- A valid driver’s license (required)