- First shelter for runaway and homeless youth in Philadelphia.
- During the last year YES sheltered 346 teens for up to 4 weeks each and provided 228 youth with 404 medical services.
- The youth served by YES have significant emotional challenges and histories of abuse.
- Almost 15% suffer from serious mental health issues, including suicide attempts and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- 20% report being sexually abused prior to their arrival.
Help our Teens Get Healthy this Summer!
Teens like Aaminah and Daliyah need support during their difficult journey to a healthy adulthood. This year they are participating in the YES Summer of Fitness program, through which they are learning about nutrition and exercise.
YSI will provide $25 gift cards to 20 youth who demonstrate excellent behavior, an interest in trying and learning new things, and a commitment to making healthy choices.
Please make a donation today to help YSI purchase these gift cards that will motivate youth to eat well, be active, and get ready for a healthy, happy future.
*All photographs are reprinted with the permission of the subjects and do not illustrate specific stories.