Click here to download our 2012 annual report!
Youth Service, Inc. is a non-profit organization that has provided immediate shelter and support services to Philadelphia’s children, youth and families for over 60 years. YSI offers unique programs and niche services throughout the city, including Philadelphia’s only Crisis Nursery Programs and the largest shelter in the area for homeless and runaway teens. Through shelter, counseling, and in-home support services, YSI reaches more than 5,900 clients annually, the majority of whom live below the poverty level.
- Emergency shelter for homeless and runaway teens
- 24-hour emergency care for young children
- Group home for teen mothers and their babies
- Parenting skills classes and counseling
- Truancy prevention services
- Family-based services in the home
YSI is a member of the United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey, the Child Welfare League of America and the PA Council of Children, Youth and Family Services. YSI is licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare and accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) of Services for Families and Children, Inc.
YSI Currently Receives Funds From
- The Philadelphia Department of Human Services
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey
- The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Departments of Public Welfare, Education and Agriculture
- Foundations, corporations, businesses, religious and philanthropic groups and individuals
United Way Workplace Giving
You can direct a donation to Youth Service, Inc. by designating our agency #00139 on your United Way pledge form.
Combined Federal Campaign Workplace Giving
Federal employees can direct a donation to Youth Service, Inc. by designating our agency #96778 on the Combined Federal Campaign form.
Supplier Diversity Policy
Please click here to view the agency’s Supplier Diversity Policy. There are currently no opportunities available at this time.